It is usual that most people will tend to change their home address very often especially for adult people. And if you are living in a developed country, it will become a normal thing to do that. The pattern of changing their preferred home address could be changing between urban areas and suburb areas since they are the most popular and common places for investing. Most people will expect to get a higher return when investing their money on the properties. As investing between urban areas and suburbs becomes very common, that is why there is a debate about investing in urban areas and suburbs. Is investing in urban areas better or investing in suburb areas is better?
What is an urban area?
Urban area is the place located in the city that usually has a lot of people living nearby. Most people who are living in urban cities tend to have jobs that are not related to agriculture. Moreover, urban areas tend to be a very developed area and they usually consist of human power which is human resource too. There are also a lot of human structures as well such as houses, commercial skyscrapers, roads, railroads, bridges and many more. What people usually understand about the urban area is that it is a metropolitan area that consists of everything.
What is suburb area?
Suburb area also has some parts that overlap with the city or urban area as well. But the different thing is that the suburb area is more of outskirt places that are not located in the city at all. Moreover, suburb areas tend to have a lower density population and it is also a place that separates between the residential and commercial areas as well.
Why should you invest in Urban area?
- More social diversity: In urban areas, they have many different types of people who are living in this area. If you choose to invest in an urban area you will get to know various classes of people as part of your living life. Moreover, you will also experience the diversity of people who come from different places which give you different types of living environments.
- Variety accesses to public transportation: You probably know that in urban areas you will get to use any kind of transportation and especially you will have a chance to access different types of public transportation which is very easy for your daily life.
- Larger population density: It is a pretty good idea if you want to receive a good return with your investment in an urban area. You will be able to receive all of those high returns since there are more people living in the area which might have very potential for your properties here. As more people live in that means it is a very potential place for a commercial area.
- Have more demands in the market: Since there is a higher population density in the urban area that also means there is a higher demand for your properties which makes your property price will be increasing.
Why should you invest in Suburb area?
- Cost efficient: If you are buying a house in the suburb area, you will save more money in the long run as you started with a lower price to buy a house. Moreover, as time goes by, you may probably have the opportunity to get a higher return as well. As the population grows, many people cannot afford to buy in urban areas, so more demand for suburban areas will increase.
- Bigger space: As we all know, with the same price you can get a different amount of square of house and land. Most properties in the suburb tend to have a bigger size and other available outdoor spaces which is pretty convenient for people to live in. As you might experience though, during the covid-19 pandemic people really need a large space to live and communicate and especially for quarantine period as well; so it is pretty important and a plus benefit if you are buying the properties in the suburb area you will get the chance to experience living the big outdoor spaces house.
- Lower crime rates: In most countries in the world, urban areas are the most dangerous places because usually it is a place where many crimes happen. Therefore, it means that the suburb area is a safer place for people to situate in without needing to worry about some crimes that might happen.
- Attracting more long-term renters: According to most of the property companies, they mentioned that most renter clients like to look for the properties that are located in the suburb area and mostly they tend to do a long period of contract. That is because mostly the suburb renting clients have a long period of commitment in renting your properties. It is pretty potential for you if you want to rent your properties to this type of renter.
In short, investing in urban areas and suburban areas will give you different benefits. In order to make a better decision in investing you should know yourself clearly so that you can choose the one that can maximize your benefits. Since people are different, investing in urban areas might be good for you but not good for some other people. It is true that you need to do some research first, like reading this type of article will give you some insights since the more information you get, the wiser decision you can make.
Explore more service related to Residential Sales & Leasing and many more at CBRE Cambodia